Turkey isn’t just for holidays when you have the right marinade. Give this a try and bring a taste of Hawaii in your kitchen.
- 1 quart (4 cups) Aloha brand Shoyu (soy sauce)
Not all soy sauces are created equal – find Aloha if you can
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8-12 ginger coins (peeled ginger root sliced ¼ inch thick)
- ½ cup Saki
- 1 ½ cup pineapple juice. (I prefer ½ or more of a fresh Maui Gold pineapple peeled,cored,diced and pureed)
- 4-5 garlic cloves (minced in garlic press)
- 3-5 fresh Rosemary sprigs about 4” long
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan.
- Warm on low heat till sugar dissolves.
- I like to let it simmer a little longer till it starts to smell and taste perfect.
- Let cool and place in ziplock bag with meat.
Refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours for pork ribs and wild meat. Marinade fish no more than a few hours.